We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Weird Plumbing Term We Use to Define Our Industry
I’ve been in the plumbing industry for 21 years now and it’s like a gift that keeps on giving. Unfortunately they aren’t always good gifts but some of them are pretty funny. What if I asked you to give me a word to describe a non sanitary condition as it relates to plumbing. What would 75% of the English speaking population of the world say right off the top of there head? Unsanitary right? It would be insane to give anything different right? I mean there are synonyms but would you believe that the word INSANITARY is also a word to describe a potentially unhealthy plumbing situation. Here are some examples of “Insanitary” conditions.
- A cross connection between potable water and non potable water.
- Plumbing Fixtures that are untrapped.
- A septic field that is installed too close to the potable water supply
- A broken or improperly installed vent line that allows sewer gas to enter into living spaces.
- I hose that is threaded on to the end of a service sink faucet that has no vacuum breaker.
Those are just a few unsanitary and insanitary conditions that help define the word.
For more silly plumbing terms and phrases click here.
Its a nutty industry to be sure but it’s ours. Enjoy!