A washing machine hose may seem like a small insignificant part of your washer. However, without it, there wouldn’t be water supply to the machine. Defective tubes are among the leading causes of insurance claims in the United States.
Importance of Inspecting Your Hose
It’s crucial to inspect your washing machine hose to see that it’s working correctly. A proper inspection will help prevent an excessive mess. It will also make working with the insurance company easier should the hose burst.
Regular inspections will reduce the chances of the hose developing significant problems. Some of the things to be on the lookout for are leakages, bulges, cracks, rust, excessive wear, and kinks. If you notice any of these weaknesses, you should consider doing a replacement of the washing machine hose.
In this review, you’ll learn about the various types of hoses you can get for a replacement. We have looked at their features, benefits, and costs. With this information, you’ll be able to make an informed choice when purchasing.
When buying a washing machine hose, buyers usually have many questions regarding the items. We researched the most frequently asked questions and provided the following answers to guide buyers.
1. What Is a Washing Machine Hose?
The hose refers to the part of the machine that makes it possible for water to be supplied to the washer. Since it performs quietly, in most times, you may not even think about it until it breaks or fails to deliver water adequately. It’s crucial to ensure the hose is in good working condition to prevent it from bursting.
2. What Size Is a Washing Machine Hose?
Typically, hoses are connected from the back of the washer directly to the water supply valves. Both hot and cold water hoses measure ¾ inches in diameter. However, the sizes could vary depending on the building requirements in each jurisdiction and the plumbing codes.
3. How Do You Hook Up a Washing Machine Drain Hose?
If your washer doesn’t come with a pre-installed drain hose, you can easily connect the supplied one to the drain opening. Start by measuring the height of the standpipe to ensure the lip is at least 30 inches above the floor.
Connect the drain hose to the lip of the laundry sink or standpipe. Ensure you don’t seal the tube to the pipe if you’re connecting to a standpipe. According to plumbing codes, you must leave an air gap between the drain hose and the standpipe. This prevents the water siphoning out of the washer.
4. Where Can You Buy a Washing Machine Hose?
Washing machine hoses are available locally from washing machine dealer shops. You may also order them online depending on your needs.
5. How Much Does a Washing Machine Hose Cost?
The hoses are quite affordable washing machine parts. If you buy them online, you can expect to spend anything between $10 and $50.
How We Reviewed
In reviewing the hoses available on the market, we focused on the parameters of their features, prices, pros, and cons. We have also directed you to where you can buy each particular hose.
This review is based on information collected firsthand from users who have experience with the hoses. Our team of researchers invested time to go to the field to obtain the information. You can hence trust that what you read here is reliable as you shop around for the best washing machine hose.
Overall Price Range of Washing Machine Hoses
The prices of washing machine hoses vary from one vendor to another. The cost of buying online may differ from what you get when you buy locally. The prices are also determined by the features of the hoses like their length and make.
Online marketplaces like Amazon sell the hoses for a price range of between approximately $10 and $50. The price you pay depends on the particular hose you buy. Just ensure you’ll get value for your money before parting with your cash.
What We Reviewed
- Watts 2PBSPW60-1212 5-Foot Stainless Steel Washing Hose
- Certified Appliance Accessories Braided Stainless Steel Hose
- Whirlpool 8212487RC 5-Foot Industrial Braided Washer Hose
- Eastman 41065 Ss Washing Machine Hose
- Eastman 60357 SSD-Style Washing Machine Discharge Hose
- Certified Appliance WM48SSL2PK C003414 Braided Washing Connectors
- DANCO Flood Armour Washing Machine Hose
- Fluidmaster B9WM48HE High-Efficiency Washing Machine Connector
- Washing Machine Hoses Burst Proof 6 Ft Stainless Steel Braided
- Everflow 25610K 10 Feet Washing Machine Hot/Cold Hose
Watts 2PBSPW60-1212 5-Foot Stainless Steel Washing Hose
- 2 PACK 5-foot washing machine connector, 3/4-Inch female hose by 3/4-Inch female hose
- Stainless steel braiding over braided PVC for strength
- Manufactured with brass inserts
The Watts 2PBSPW60-1212 Washing Hose is 5 feet long. It features a ¾-inch female hose on both sides. Made from stainless steel over braided PVC, the hose has increased strength for durability and great performance. It’s made with brass inserts that make it easy for a homeowner or contractor to use.
- Comes in a 2-pack
- Good length
- Easy to use by homeowners
- Made from stainless steel for more strength
- Few threads on connections
- Slightly restricts water flow upon installation
- Smaller than regular hoses
- Short warranty of one year
You can buy the Watts 2PBSPW60-1212 5-Foot Stainless Steel Washing Hose from Amazon.
Certified Appliance Accessories Braided Stainless Steel Hose
- 3/4" Female Hose Thread X 3/4" Female Hose Thread
- 4-Ft, " Id
The Certified Stainless Steel Hose is made under the highest quality standards in the US. It comes with stainless steel couplings for secure connections. These are reinforced with brass stems for a better grip.
The hose has a ¾-inch female garden hose on both ends. On the outer surface is clear vinyl that surrounds the PVC inner core tubing woven with polyester. This increases strength and makes the hose withstand pressure.
The stainless steel outer braid withstands kinking, punctures, and crimping. You can use the hose for both cold and hot water supply to your washing machine. Its corrosion-resistance qualities make it durable, preventing bursting and cracking.
- Made for both hot and cold water use
- Brass stems for increased grip
- 5-year warranty
- Sprays water out
- The screw connectors may come off under great pressure
This hose type is available on Amazon.
Whirlpool 8212487RC 5-Foot Industrial Braided Washer Hose
- This is a Genuine OEM replacement part.
The Whirlpool industrial braided washer hose has a nylon shield that works better than the stainless steel ones. The hose is among the most dependable against leakage. It’s made from long-lasting EPDM rubber that’s not present in most other hoses. The surface of the hose is non-conducive and the coupler fusion-resistant.
- Reliable against leakage
- Long warranty of twenty years
- Durable and good quality
- Large diameter for unrestricted water flow
- Works with only a few washer models
- More expensive than other types
You can buy the Whirlpool 8212487RC 5-Foot Industrial Braided Washer Hose from Amazon.
Eastman 41065 Ss Washing Machine Hose
- 2-Pack of washing machine hoses with a length of 5-feet are included to hook up your washing machine to the water supply...
- Eastman washing machine fill hoses are built following rigorous standards to withstand full flow and high pressure...
- Both fill hoses are equipped with 90-degree elbows on one end for an easy and smooth installation in tight spaces...
The Eastman 41065 Ss Washing Machine Hose features a 90-degree elbow on each hose. It measures approximately 3/8 inches wide, providing full-flow high-pressure water delivery. The hose has a nickel-plated brass nut with a stainless steel finish.
The overall make of the hose is to enable it to withstand temperatures of between 15F and 158F. This means that you can use either hot or cold water with the hose.
- Can withstand high water temperatures
- Stainless steel finish for durability
- Causes water hammering with some washer models
- Not color coded as indicated in the promotional messages
- Provides strong connection
- 5-year warranty
This hose is available on Amazon.
Eastman 60357 SSD-Style Washing Machine Discharge Hose
- The flexible gray discharge hose measures 8 feet in length to provide easy installation
- Constructed of high-quality PVC, this discharge hose provides strength and durability for a longer-lasting use
- Features a corrugated outer layer to prevent kinking, crimping and leaks
The Eastman 60357 Hose is 8 feet long and works with 1-inch, 1 1/8-inch, and 1 ¼-inch outlets. The outlet of the hose can be trimmed to reduce its size at the indicated cut points. Its gray flexible plastic is corrugated to prevent crimping and kinking.
- Works well with most washing machine models
- Doesn’t easily collapse like non-ribbed hoses
- Not durable
- The hose easily splits at the hooking part
It sells on Amazon.
Certified Appliance WM48SSL2PK C003414 Braided Washing Connectors
- 3/4 inch Female Hose Thread X 3/4 inch Female Hose Thread
- Sleeve, 2 pack
- 90 degree Elbow, 4 feet
The Certified appliance WM48SSL2PK C003414 hose has a ¾-inch female hose thread by ¾-inch FHT. The pack comes with two pieces of the hose, with a 90-degree angle that makes it convenient for use in small spaces.
- 2-pack hose
- Good quality
- Easy to install
- The elbow doesn’t connect firmly hence leaks
- Hose is rigid therefore doesn’t allow bending
Get the WM48SSL2PK C003414 hose from Amazon.
DANCO Flood Armor Washing Machine Hose
- SMART HOSE: Leak indicator signals internal hose burst and automatic shut-off valve stops water flow
- STRENGTH AND DURABILITY: Patented washing machine double hose creates an extra level of protection which prevents water...
- SAFE TO USE: This washing machine hose is equipped with threaded safety lock prevents loosening of connection during...
The DANCO Flood Armor washing machine hose is the best for protecting your home against flood damage. It’s a revolutionary inlet hose that automatically triggers shut off to prevent over flooding and leakage.
This hose is easy to install and works well with most machine models providing high efficiency. Its diameter is wide enough to allow smooth water flow.
- Easy to install
- Safe to use
- Strong and durable
- Comes in a double pack
- Leak indicator signals
- Using a 90-degree connector causes leakage
- Produces a lot of noise when filling if not correctly installed
It’s available on Amazon.
Fluidmaster B9WM48HE High-Efficiency Washing Machine Connector
- Wide diameter 60" length connector for he washing machines
- 3/4-inch hose fitting by 3/4-inch hose fitting
- Stainless steel braiding for extra protection
The Fluidmaster B9WM48HE High-Efficiency Washing Machine Connector has a wide diameter of 48”. This allows it to fit perfectly in almost all washing machine types. It works well with hoses of ¾-inch hose fitting by ¾-inch hose fitting.
This connector comes with stainless steel braiding for enhanced protection to increase its durability. Its five-year warranty is an indication of its good quality.
- Stainless steel finished for enhanced durability
- Universal connector for all machine types
- Highly efficient
- Exceeds the code requirements for water connectors
- Easy to install
- 5-year warranty
- The washers that come with the connector are very thin
- Routinely leaks
With a little less than $25, you can get the Fluidmaster B9WM48HE Washing Machine Connector from Amazon.
Washing Machine Hoses Burst Proof 6 Ft Stainless Steel Braided
- 6ft length each
- Burst Proof Design
- Stainless Steel Braided
The Washing Machine Hoses Burst hose is 6 feet long. It comes with a burst-proof design that enhances its durability. The stainless steel braids improve its efficiency, preventing leakage and keeping your machine well supplied.
Each pack contains two hoses for added value.
- Long enough
- Burst-proof design
- Non-leaking washers included
- The inside diameter is too small
- Takes long to fill
- Leaks from the crimp points
Get the Burst Proof 6 Ft Stainless Steel Braided hose from Amazon.
Everflow 25610K 10 Feet Washing Machine Hot/Cold Hose
- EASY INSTALLATION: The HighCraft Washer Hose Is Quick And Easy To Install. Clear And Simple Directions Allowing You To...
- NO WATER LEAKAGE : Washing Machine Hose Comes With Pre installed Washers Ensuring No Water Leakage
- UNIVERSAL FIT: pipe has 3/4" fem x 3/4" female hose threads and is compatible with most washing machines and water tanks
This hose comes with an EPDM rubber tube and a cover with a polyester spiral for enhanced reinforcement. It can withstand temperatures of -20F to 190F. It features ¾-inch by ¾-inch female GHT brass stamped ends. Made from durable rubber, it’s easy to use and install. It’s pressure resistant and anti-corrosive.
- Excellent for everyday use
- Ideal for hot and cold water use
- Anti-corrosive couplings
- High-quality EPDM washers
- UPC approved
- The hot water side leaks
- Some buyers find it a little expensive
This product can be found on Amazon.
Washing machine hoses play a crucial role in your laundry. However, if you don’t have the right type of tube, you’re likely to deal with a flooded basement.
After reviewing the above machine hose types, we decided that the best is the Whirlpool 8212487RC 5-Foot Industrial Braided Washer Hose. It’s more reliable than most other models available on the market. Its nylon shield provides better leakage protection than those made from stainless steel finishing.
Although it’s the most expensive among those we reviewed, don’t let the cost deter you. The hose will give you value for your money. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work with some machine models but will fit in most standard ones.
Featured Image Source: Amazon
Last update on 2021-09-18 at 01:41 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API