Tankless water heaters are an upgrade from traditional water heaters because it eliminates the need for water in the tank. The best tankless water heater models will heat the water up on an on-demand basis. That means you never have to worry about running out of water again because it’s always available.
For a big family, that’s indispensable value because if you’ve ever been the last one in the shower—every morning—you know how the water runs out. We have compiled a list of the best tankless water heater options.
*The following products are listed by price, from the most affordable to the most expensive one.
1: Eccotemp FVI-12-NG
The Eccotemp is one of the gas tankless water heaters has a 3.5 GPM flow rate; the BTU rating ranks at 74,500. This is one of the best tankless water heater options for the small to the medium-sized household. Based on how a hot shower uses 2.5 GPM, you could potentially turn on the faucet in the kitchen while someone takes a shower.
- This tankless water heater is fairly easy for you to install.
- You can adjust it to your unique home.
- It provides consistent hot water on an on-demand basis.
- Overall, it has a poor design.
- It takes time to fully understand the hot water settings.
2: Rheem RTE 13
Another one of the best tankless water heater options, this is one of your most budget-conscious choices. The Rheem brand defies all expectations. It delivers between 9,000 to 13,000 BTUs, and the technology works through a system of internal sensors.
- This product is easy to operate.
- It is more affordable than electric heaters.
- It has a simple installation process.
- This heater is not really good for a larger home.
3: Takagi T-KJr2-IN-NG
The Takagi heater is one of the great options that you can choose from because it keeps your home with an endless supply of warm water. One of the best tankless water heater for natural gas, the energy output of 140,000 is a nice addition.
Meanwhile, you have a flow rate quote of 6.5 GPMs, which is quite impressive. This might be an ideal choice for a small to medium-sized home, and the company says this product also can supply your floor with radiant heating. Because of the Ecosmart technology and 6 GPM, you can run multiple showers at the same time.
- It provides a radiant heating for the flooring.
- This heater is quite easy to maintain.
- It can be a little finicky during the installation process.
4: Ecosmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Known as the Ecosmart ECO 27, this water heater produces around 92,000 BTUs. Interestingly enough, the company quotes two separate rates for flow, which depend on your location within the United States.
For those in the northern reaches of the United States where the water temperature often goes below freezing, the rate has been quoted at 3 GPM. For those who reside in the south, the GPM can be as high as 6.
- You will enjoy endless volumes of hot water.
- Saves up to 50 percent on water heating costs.
- Uses less space than the traditional water heater.
- Strict requirements to qualify for the warranty.
- Poor and unresponsive customer service.
5: Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24
You can choose from two different flow rates. You have one for 240 volts and another for the 208 volts. The Stiebel makes for one of the best tankless water heater choices because it has 2.6 GPMs. Moreover, you can max it out at 5.4 GPM. The company says the output on the lower level doesn’t impact the hot shower, and if you should select the higher voltage, this works well for a Jacuzzi or Roman tub.
- Significant savings on heating costs.
- You can enjoy endless hot water.
- You can install this water heater easily.
- There’s no need for complex gas ventilation with this model.
- It takes a long time to warm up.
6: Rheem RTG-64XLN
The Rheem RTG is one of the best tankless water heater choices because it offers you an outdoor natural gas choice. In addition, it has the mid-range price tag, and these tend to last longer than its electric counterpart.
- This tankless water heater serves multiple bathrooms and kitchens at the same time.
- This package includes the remote control.
- Lowers the harmful emissions.
- You must install this water heater outdoors.
- Doesn’t work large homes or commercial buildings.
7: Rinnai RL75iN
Pushing out 7.5 gallons every minute, this Rinnai tankless water heater offers you a much better rate of flow than the other choices on the list. In fact, based on information from the manufacturer, you have a BTU output anywhere from 10,500 to 180,100.
This is the only water heater lists that can deliver as much as 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, it can deliver as much as 160 degrees Fahrenheit for commercial units.
- You will save a significant amount of money on your energy bill.
- It provides endless hot water until you turn off the tap.
- This tankless water heater runs quietly.
- You cannot use any other air vent for this water-heating unit.
Putting It All Together
These are some of your best tankless water heater options. For a larger family, it makes more sense than a traditional water heater, and at the same time, it’s more energy efficient. Have you ever owned a tankless water heater? If so, we’d love to hear about your experience. You can leave a comment below detailing your experiences.
Image source: 1