Having potable water in our homes is incredibly important. For that reason, water softeners are extremely popular products that many households use every day. Discretely, they remove the calcium ions, magnesium ions, and irons that cause the water to be hard. Even though the market is full of good ones, there are some water softeners that excel and outshine the competition. In order to help you make an informed decision, this guide will go over the six best water softeners available on the market.
*The following products were listed by price, from the most affordable to the most expensive one.
1. Aquasana EQ-SS20 SimplySoft Salt-Free Water Softener
By removing 97% of chlorine per 1,000,000 gallons, the Aquesana EQ-SS20 exceeds the standards set up by NFS and cements its position among the best water softeners. However, what truly makes it stand out is that it does not use electricity or salt. Additionally, it doesn’t require back flushing of any sort.
- 7 GPM flow rate with a maximum pressure of 100 PSI.
- Only 44.5 pounds.
- Includes a pre-filter, post-filter fittings, brass fittings, copper-zinc KDF and activated carbon.
- Like only a few of the best water softeners do, this Aquasana product removes mercury, lead, pesticides, herbicides, VOCs and even industrial solvents.
- Produces great-tasting water.
- Unfortunately, the installation is a difficult process that requires considerable know-how.
2. Watts RV PRO-1000 OR M7002 10000 Grains Portable Water Softener
Mid-priced and lightweight, the Watts RV PRO is a well-balanced and reliable water softener that practical homeowners will love. Additionally, it features an excellent capacity due to a regeneration technique that uses the built-in drain line flow restrictor.
- Rates of up to 4 GPM.
- Optional low-pressure drop.
- Even though it’s difficult to believe due to its capacity, this water softener only weighs 26 pounds.
- It can be used in a small household or an RV.
- Because it is a portable unit, its regeneration process has to be started manually.
3. Aqua-Pure AP902 Water Filter System
Boasting a fantastic reputation that was built over many years, the Aqua-Pure AP902 certainly deserves to be ranked among the best water softeners available. Amazingly, this affordable product allows a water flow of up to 20 gallons per minute. Easy to install and reliable, this water softener is perfect for medium households.
- Valued under FDA CFR-21 compliancy.
- Pressure rate of up to 125 PSI.
- Filters chlorine, metals and bad odors at 20 gallons per minute.
- Even though it’s one of the best water softeners out there, this product is extremely affordable.
- Having been successful in the market for many years, this is a hugely reliable product.
- It may not be powerful enough to handle softening the water of businesses and big buildings.
4. Morton 45,000 Grain Capacity Water Softener
Being so compact and quiet, the Morton‘s 34,000-grain capacity is very impressive. As a matter of fact, it is more than capable of softening the water of a building that houses up to six people. However, the feature that lands this product among the best water softeners is its amazingly user-friendly control panel. Apart from being easy to read and use, it gives users various options for both automatic and manual regeneration.
- 34,000-grain capacity.
- A salt storage capacity of 200 pounds.
- 8.0 GPM flow rate.
- Its user-friendly control panel that allows both automatic and manual regeneration.
- Easy to install.
- Compact and quiet.
- Even though it’s compact and easy to install, its 90 pounds of weight can represent a problem for some people.
5. Iron Pro 2 Water Softener
Even though it is somewhat expensive, the Iron Pro softener has enough quality and useful features to be ranked among the best water softeners available. Without a doubt, this high-functioning product will be able to take care of your home’s water softening needs despite its size and usage rates.
- An astonishing 64,000-grain capacity.
- Digital metered valves.
- Intuitive control panel.
- A removal rate of hardness up to 75 GPG.
- Great for filtering out the iron and other metallic particles in the water.
- Despite its size, it’s easy to install and user-friendly.
- At 200 pounds of weight, it’s among the heaviest water softeners in the market.
6. US Water Aquatrol 56SE Metered Water Softener
Because the US Water Aquatrol 56SE is available in four different sizes, you can choose a US Water Aquatrol water softener with the right water flow and hardness capacity for your personal needs. Featuring every option you will possibly need or want, this product ranks among the best water softeners due to its adaptability and user-friendliness. It’s worth noting that both its salt reservoir and its resin tank are separate from the main unit.
- Four different sizes to choose from.
- Separate salt reservoir and resin tank.
- A mounted controller unit for the regeneration cycle.
- Thanks to its different sizes, this water softener can adapt itself to any household’s needs.
- It features automated digital controllers that allow you to set up the regeneration start time and the hardness of the source water.
- The initial configuration of this product’s regeneration cycle can be very complex.
Putting It All Together
When it comes to the health and well-being of your family, it’s definitely best to be safe than sorry. For that reason, understanding what makes the best water softeners so good will help you choose the perfect model. The six water softeners presented in this list have amazing filtering abilities that will make your water cleaner and purer.
At the same time, they have complementary features that make them easy to program and use. Have you given any of these products a try? If you think there’s another water softener that should have made this list, let us know!
Image source: 1