Long Time Chicago Contractor Cecchin Plumbing and Heating Ready To Grow
When I spoke with Tim Cecchin president of long time plumbing and mechanical contractor Cecchin Plumbing and Heating it was like a breath of fresh air. I asked him how things were looking in the plumbing and mechanical market in the Chicagoland area and he happily responded with “Sean, we are ready to grow again”. This is great news for an area gutted by the “Great Recession” Some reports have the area losing 43% of it’s union signatory plumbing contractors over the last 7 years.
After relaying the message of growth to me he also asked whether I knew any plumbing estimators or any project managers looking for a job. So being the good guy that I am I decided I would spread the good news and maybe reach an estimator or project manager that’s been out of work or looking to make a move to a very stable and well run mechanical contracting company. Please see the following for a description of the job positions available. All positions are available for immediate employment.
- Schedule and coordinate plumbing projects to bid.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work.
- Coordinate with vendors and subcontractors for quotes and specification compliance.
- Prepare complete and accurate plumbing estimates for plan/spec projects.
- Design assist, and/or design build experience is desired but not required.
- Attend scope review meetings with client.
- Assist in purchasing of materials and equipment as needed.
- Manage design build and/or plan and spec projects from concept to completion.
- Purchasing and tracking of materials, equipment and subcontracts.
- Manage RFI’s, submittals and change orders.
- Track all costs and prepare costs to complete reports.
- Attend site visits and client meetings.
- The ability to motivate manpower, labor control and scheduling.
- The ability to multi-task across several projects.
- Interaction with clients, architects, engineers to incorporate project objectives, schedules and costs, etc.
Civil Underground Project Manager Assistant:
- Two-year civil infrastructure construction related experience and technical training.
- Working knowledge of heavy construction equipment and techniques, civil drawings and specifications and building materials.
- Ability to assume responsibility and interface well with the project team. Strong communication, organizational skills are essential.
- Assist in project management and construction supervision efforts.
- Manage and coordinate submittals, procurement, cost control, scheduling, and reporting and document control for all projects.
All of the above positions require a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software.
For more information, please contact Tim Cecchin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck everyone.