During our ever vigilant quest to give our readership/viewership the most valuable plumbing related information we can find, we were thrilled to hear that the following plumbing expert was available to contribute to our site. So without further ado we at theplumbinginfo.com are honored to welcome Mr. Edward Struck as a contributing writer and adviser to theplumbinginfo.com.
Mr. Struck will be providing content from time to time as well as advising on any plumbing questions we receive. We’re pretty sure you’ll find Mr. Struck to be a thoughtful and knowledgeable addition to our crack staff of plumbing savants. 🙂 Please feel free to read Ed’s list of industry accomplishments, they’re pretty impressive, couple that with the fact that he has an M.S. in economics shows you just how much he loves the industry. He choose it, it didn’t choose him.
So we will skip the standard resume drivel…..”Mr. Edward Struck is a highly motivated plumber with extensive experience blah, blah, blah…..” We will start this off right, Ed has been a plumbing professional for over 25 years holding duel licenses; a Master Plumbers License in Colorado and an Illinois Plumbers License, as well as an Illinois Cross Connection license. Ed is also a certified continuing education instructor for the state of Illinois.
The bulk of Mr. Struck’s professional plumbing career was served at one company. Ed ran their service plumbing division for 22 years were his duties included but were not limited to:
- Managing service truck crews.
- Estimating and scheduling service calls.
- (here is the one we love and believe is the most important of all) he provided interactive feedback to customers and potential customers and their respective questions. In addition to being in the plumbing trades Mr. Struck was and is a wealth of information which he gives whether we like it or not….. We’re kidding, he is a true asset to our plumbing trade because he shares his considerable knowledge.
- Purchasing and inventory control.
- Troubleshooting for all plumbing systems, including, water, DWV, gas piping.
- Maintain and repair general plumbing components including toilets, faucets, hose bibbs, and drains and plumbing equipment.
- Repair and replace pneumatic valves, radiator valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes
- Repair and replace hot water exchangers for major building heating systems and pools
- Installation of radiant floor heating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of heat pumps, sump pumps, sewage pumps and pressure booster pumps.
- General workplace safety
- Blue print reading for estimating and job coordinating and planning.
Mr. Struck also has a B.S. and a B.A. in Economics from Western Illinois University and Masters degree in Economics from Southern Illinois. So if smarts were a prerequisite to writing for our site Ed would make up 75% or our collective IQ. Ed was also self employed for several years which gives him a valuable perspective when advising our plumbing professional readers. Trust us he’s been there before so do not hesitate to ask.
We hope you enjoy our new writing partner as much as we do and as always thank you for finding us and thank you for reading.